The body and control surfaces are constructed to provide optimum meantime between services, and the modular construction make the valve easily serviceable on site or completely repairable with minimal down time. The design flexibility allows for field conversions from manual to automated, and single stage to multiple stage pressure drops. The optional abrasion resistant wear sleeve is designed to direct the flow from the discs to the centerline of the piping. This option will extend the useful life of the valve by reducing the effects of cavitation and mechanical erosion typically present in the fluid recovery process after the pressure drop.
The Hydroplex HCA & HCY Choke Valves provide a complete package for flow control. The direct mount capabilities reduces the risk of hysteresis while helping to protect the actuator shaft from the elements. The modular hub design makes the valve completely repairable and can handle large pressure drops utilizing our Multistage PD system to include upstream and downstream fixed orifice beans.
Related Product: Hydroplex Hydra HCI Choke Valve
1. Valve Body: Durable and corrosion resistant 316 stainless material.
2. Hub Assembly: Allows easy access to internals without breaking pipe connections, disconnecting or recalibrating the actuator. The design allows for less expensive replacement of the downstream hub in lieu of replacing the whole valve body.
3. Wear Sleeve (Optional): All valve hubs allow for wear sleeves. The wear sleeve is made from a durable Stellite material for abrasive or turbulent environments extending valve life.
4. Fixed Orifice Bean (Optional): The hub design allows for placement of a Fixed Orifice Bean to achieve up to a 2 stage (HCI) or 3 stage (HCA/HCY) pressure drop within the valve. The fixed orifice bean also extends the life of the valve.
5. MOV Trim: All valves come standard with Tungsten Carbide Trim available in sizes up to 3/4”.
6. Rotator: The smaller rotator outside diameter reduces operating torque, requiring smaller and less expensive actuators.
6A.* Stem Assembly: The smaller shaft diameter reduces operating torque, requiring smaller and less expensive actuators.
7. Manual Handle: The handle and rotator are specially designed to resist thread pull out.
7A.* Manual Handle (Optional): The thumb screw on the handle will resist movement of the stem until released.
8. Calibration Plate: Handle equipped with indicator pointing to a Calibration Plate showing percentage and # of 64ths open.
9. Actuator Mounting (Optional – Not Shown): Design allows for mounting of common valve actuators with a simplified system to reduce hysteresis.